Truly, concrete floors are one of my most favorite types of flooring. It might not be yours, and I can understand that however, lets discover the beauty of this man-made mix of natural materials, then perhaps you will love it as I do.
To begin with look how striking the bedroom in the below image looks. It is styled on modern, contemporary interior design and looks fabulous. I'm afraid it really is not suited to the climate in Scotland however, in the warmer climes of Dubai, the USA and other such sunny places, it could be a fantastic choice of material to work with.
Below are examples of design styles that concrete floors are most suited to being installed in. However, this type of floor finish would drive a modern and exciting twist to many, many other concepts that are not listed.:
1. CONTEMPORARY interior design
2. INDUSTRIAL interior style
3. JAPANESE interior design
4. MINIMALISTIC interior design
5. SHAKER design style
6. SOUTHWESTERN interiors
7. ZEN interior design
The colorful, concrete tiles below are one of my favorite collections. I can never get bored of these floor tiles. They are available in tones of grey as well as color. Just stunning. In fact, I don't mind sharing with you that I am actually planning to have them laid in my home. When they are fitted, I'll add a photo into the gallery to let you see how they look.
Concrete floors are certainly not the obvious choice of finish however, it could be the addition that produces a fantastic, new interior design and look for your home.
Concrete works great with most design styles as it is an extremely versatile material. Of course as with any finish, there are pros and cons to consider before having a concrete flooring installed whether you opt for tiles or a homogenous polished screed.
The image below left, shows how a polished screed being professionally laid and leveled and on the right is a hallway with the fabulous, finished look.
The PROS and CONS:
- it is an exceptionally adaptable material.
- can be used as part of a scheme in most design styles.
- easy to maintain. Just clean and reseal as necessary.
- suitable for people who suffer from allergies since bacteria, dust mites and other such like pests cannot survive on this flooring.
now the CONS...
- requires a professional to install this flooring to avoid any pitfalls or regrettable errors.
- it can be a little costly to have design or color added.
- this is a cold, hard material so be sure to have some rugs at the ready. AND slippers!
- as it settles there is the possibility of crack therefore, make sure you do not walk on the surface until it is fully set. Follow the advice of your installer.
Above are beautiful examples of painted concrete floors which look stunning. This is an excellent option to a polished finish. Perhaps you could choose polished and have a section painted just to mix your design up a little. Painted looks particularly lovely in a bedroom. Wall sticker art has become increasingly popular and are great fun to instantly add a touch of originality to your design. Below are examples of floor sticker art which like the wall stickers are great additions that can be installed and removed in little time.
To visit the FLOOR DECOR section click here: leave Concrete Floors
SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN
Do you have favorite Bedroom colors? -Neutrals? -Blues?
Create an Inspirational BEDROOM
Do you have favorite Bathroom colors?
Create an Inspirational BATHROOM
STORAGE -how's yours?
-visit the STORAGE section
WOW! Interesting Pendants!
What is your Design Style?
Do you LOVE your Bedroom?
Do you have good lighting?
How do you EAT?
What is your Favorite Flooring?