Your home office interior design should be both functional and beautiful. This is your personal space used for the day to day running of your home and or business which may use a corner of your living room or a designated room. Whichever you choose, it is undoubtedly important to keep it tidy and ruthlessly efficient.
WORKING FROM HOME:
It has become increasingly popular to have a small office at home to work from, either to create a better work-life-balance, to avoid the misery or commuting or to follow your dreams and undertake the work that you love to do from the comfort of your own home.
We are seeing considerable growth in the number of ambitious entrepreneurs keen to set up a business on the lowest budgets and it is true that setting up at home cuts overheads significantly and allows you to work long productive hours without compromising or giving up on family or home life. Some of the most successful business began in a garage space!
The image below is an example of a partitioned area at home to create a simple, small home office. The amount of natural light is fantastic along with the all crisp, white furniture.
Home office interior design is a tremendous addition to your home, so begin with planning out your space and working out your design ideas.
Click here for further information: mood board
Small home office design -create yourself an interesting and
comfortable place to work. Your home office interior design could be as
simple as creating a space for your laptop, printer, phone and storage.
Therefore a space like the image below is all that you need. Define what
your requirements are, then begin the
I left a large practice to start my own from home. It was an enormous downscale however, I created an office that inspires and motivates me. It is an amazing space detailed with everything to suit my design style and functions perfectly allowing me to focus and deliver work that needs high levels of concentration. So get going with your office design ideas and create your space. When your project is complete, send me a photo: LET'S CONNECT
✔ what are your office requirements? do you need privacy?
✔ how much space do you have available? -draw up a plan.
✔ can you integrate your office into a living space?
✔ how much storage do you need?
✔ are your lighting levels adequate?
✔ do you have enough electrical points? -are they in the right location?
✔ what equipment do you want to include? printer?
✔ do you need a standard sized desk or can you work from dining table?
✔ BUDGET. How much do you have to spend?
PLAN YOUR HOME OFFICE INTERIOR DESIGN
It is now time to plan and progress with your design ideas.
1. Make a rough sketch of the area or room, noting the position of windows and doors. Drawing up a floor plan will help you understand the space you have. It will allow you to organize the best layout of your furniture.
build your mood board so you have a reference point of all your ideas.
If you have never put a mood board together click here for further
make a mood board
2. Determine where your work station will be. There are certain views that can encourage concentration so perhaps being able to gaze out of a window is right for you.
3. Natural light is essential as it raises the feel good chemicals in your brain that make your feel happier and more productive. So make sure there is a reasonable amount of natural light available to you.
4. Of all the furniture you buy, treat yourself to a ridiculously comfortable chair that is highly ergonomic and relates perfectly to your desk height and computer screen. If you get this wrong you could suffer long term physical damage.
5. Your desk should be functional and it should also be what leads you into the room or the focal point of your office area. It should also hold everything you need to get your work done. If you are short on space, perhaps you could use your dining table as your desk.
6. Sufficient storage is absolutely essential otherwise your office could become an unproductive mess. Shelving or a bookcase hold paperwork and reference material. Decide what you need to make the most out of your space.
7. Personalize your space with a couple of accessories; good artwork that reflects the style of your home office interior design and perhaps a plant but avoid clutter. Avoid having too much 'stuff'.
To return to the HOME page click here: leave home office interior design.
SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN
Do you have favorite Bedroom colors? -Neutrals? -Blues?
Create an Inspirational BEDROOM
Do you have favorite Bathroom colors?
Create an Inspirational BATHROOM
STORAGE -how's yours?
-visit the STORAGE section
Do you have good lighting?
How do you EAT?
What is your Favorite Flooring?