Different design styles need different things. Wood panel ideas fit into various concepts to enhance your interior design. They can also help to hide wall imperfections however avoid installing panels over mold, wet or dry rot.
Wood paneling works best when attached to drywalls and plaster walls.
Below is an interesting example of how a contemporary laser cut sheet looks when finished with paint and hung vertically. This could really transform a dull, boring space into an incredible room.
Listed below are various wood panel ideas to inspire you to think about where you could apply this design element into your
home. Each has it's own identity and creates many different looks to suit whichever design style you have in mind.
1. Vertical: This layout when white washed is often associated to coastal chic or nautical interior design. It also looks fabulous within a shabby chic design. Below is an excellent example of how this could look.
2. Horizontal: Attaching timber panels to create horizontal banding can completely change your room into a modern and interesting space. Your wood panel ideas can transform your designs. Below is a lovely example of this type of paneling in walnut and which has continued onto the floor. Beautiful.
The images of the bedrooms below show how the head wall can look using vertical or horizontal paneling. The vertical panels are in a cool, soft grey tone and the horizontal is a lovely example of a warm, beige tone. Both have a touch of originality and a feel of organic design to the space.
TIP: note how the accessories of each room have tones that compliment and work with the timber paneled walls to create a fantastic harmony and balance in a warm and cool room.
3. Reclaimed wood: This is wonderful way to introduce many benefits into your home. Using reclaimed wood can save up to 87% of the carbon cost other timber produce. Lots of people are looking to create more sustainable homes therefore, reclaimed wood is a great option for wood panel ideas. It has soft, mature and natural character making it an obvious choice to style into shabby chic and vintage design styles however, don't be afraid to fit it into many other concepts.
4. End cuts: This is a highly unusual way to decorate your wall and is associated to Asian interior design. It gives a warm, organic look to a space and can work well as part of an Eco-friendly design.
5. Mashrabiya + decorative: Of all the wood panel ideas there are, this is a beautiful and exotic way to style your home. I adore using mashrabiya with contemporary Arabian interior design. It is stunning.
Below is an example of how to use wood paneling as a decorative finish. To the left, you can see how the wall is created using different widths and lengths to allow relief accent and shadow other than a flat wall. The image on the right is produced with a resin detail waving its way along the wood. This can be a bit costly however, it looks incredible.
6. Wood lookalike wallpaper: As wallpaper design has got better and better over the years, so has the availability of fantastic ranges. Below are a couple of options which look like timber wall paneling however, they are in fact wallpaper. Perhaps this is an option for one of your rooms. Quick and easy to install! Voila!
To visit the WALL DECOR section click here: leave Wood Panel Ideas.
SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN
Do you have favorite Bedroom colors? -Neutrals? -Blues?
Create an Inspirational BEDROOM
Do you have a great Kids Bedroom Design?
STORAGE -how's yours?
Do you have good lighting?
How do you EAT?
What is your Favorite Flooring?